The University of Texas–Pan American (UTPA) was a state university located in Edinburg, Texas. Founded in 1927, it was a component institution of the University of Texas System. The university served the Rio Grande Valley and South Texas with baccalaureate, masters-level, and doctoral degrees. The Carnegie Foundation classified UTPA as a "doctoral research university". From the institution's founding until it was merged into the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV), it grew from 200 students to over 20,000, making UTPA the tenth-largest university in the state of Texas. The majority of these students were natives of the Rio Grande Valley. UTPA also operated an Upper Level Studies Center in Rio Grande City, Starr County, Texas. On August 15, 2014, Havidan Rodriguez was appointed Interim President of UTPA.
In 2015, UTRGV entered into operation following the merger of UTPA and UT–Brownsville, founded as an extension of then-Pan-American University at Texas Southmost College. UTRGV will add a new medical school.
On August 31, 2015, UTPA formally ceased operations to yield to the newly formed university, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.
No Courses, Classes and Workshop added on this Institution.